Topic: Other News
To summarize what I'm now learning, and accepting that I need to learn:
- Without the lathe especially... I need to strive toward perfect symmettry BEFORE trying to make a statement with asymmetry. Put another way, you can't embrace asymmetry as an excuse for not being able to be symetrical. Put another way- sort of-, learn the trade before the tricks of the trade.
- I need to make more such that I can make more mistakes.
- Sand with intention, sand mindfully, stop sanding when you reach the pipe.
- (to conclude the first lesson and bring us back to number one) A good round starts good and square. *
* As told to me by a master carver, as told to him, and so-on and so-on and so-on.
Posted by thos.martin at 11:29 AM EDT